Videos with Sony Vegas
In this tutorial we look at Sony Vegas. Now I still use the older version 6 which I picked up at a garage sale for $10 because Sony bought out a new version. The same basic format still applies to the newer version.
Setting up your computer
Before you can start making movie projects using your own video footage, you first need to capture video from your video camera into your computer.
Your computer needs to be equipped with the proper capture card (FIREWIRE Card) or interface port for connecting your video camera and for capturing video to your computer.
Installing the Firewire Card
If your capture card is a PCI-based card, install the card on your computer by inserting it in an available PCI slot on the computer’s motherboard.
Use an IEEE-1394 cable to connect your digital camcorder to the Firewire card port. Some newer computers already have built-in IEEE-1394 ports (Firewire card).
Before purchasing one, check first the pin connectors used on your camcorder and your computer. Most Digital camcorders have a 4-pin connector, whereas desktop computers that come with IEEE-1394 ports or installed with IEEE-1394 cards usually have 6-pin connectors.
The IEEE-1394 cable that is required for desktop computers is a 4-pin to 6-pin cable.
Forget about all the bells and whistles as you only need a few commands to edit your video and you can do just about anything. Most people try to do everything to start with and make a real mess, get frustrated and never do any more. Just remember to keep it simple. You can pick up the older versions very cheaply and they still do a great job.
Here are 16 online videos that will show you just about everything you will want to know to get you started. These are for the old version 6 but basically it all still works the same.
Once you made your Video Try Tube Mogul
What is TubeMogul?
TubeMogul is the first online video analytics and distribution company serving publishers large and small who need independent information about video performance on the Internet and automated upload to the Web’s top video sharing sites.
TubeMogul’s analytic technology aggregates video-viewing data from multiple sources to give publishers improved understanding of when, where and how often videos are watched, track and compare what’s hot and what’s not, measure the impact of marketing campaigns, gather competitive intelligence, and share the data with colleagues or friends.
Who uses TubeMogul
Our users include independent content producers, media companies, ad agencies, digital consultants, record labels, film studios, politicians, consumer products organizations and corporations.
|Stunning Charts – easily create charts that track videos and/or video publishers.|
|Powerful Analysis Tools – create custom groups of videos, video publishers and online video sites, and receive analytics by group.|
|Universal Upload – Upload your videos to all major video sharing sites in one shot!|
|Aggregated Analytics – track online video analytics across online video sites including Google Video, MetaCafe, MySpace, AOL, Yahoo!, Revver, YouTube and more!|
|Communication Tools – effortlessly email charts to the recipients of your choosing.|
|Data Export – exports charts and other data to Excel.|
|Ease of Use – enjoy TubeMogul’s intuitive user interface and easy to understand charts.|
|Advanced Features – TubeMogul also provides advanced custom reports, viewership demographic reports, and multivariate video testing upon request.|
The benefits of using TubeMogul include:
- Save Time – uploading videos to each site in your distribution is no longer necessary – upload to TubeMogul and let the Universal Upload tool do the rest. Then you can login to understand your viewership across online video sites in one place.
- Increased Reach – with your videos on more sites at no extra effort, your opportunity to gain viewers multiplies! Users of Universal Upload have witnessed up to 3x more views per video.
- Improved Understanding of Viewer Base – better understand your customer base to create more targeted and relevant content or products and services.
- Track Trends & Buzz – create groups of videos important to you or your industry and track spikes in viewership to identify trends and monitor the pulse of online video viewers.
- Assess Marketing Efforts – assess the effectiveness of your marketing efforts by analyzing spikes and trends in viewership across any range of time.
- Competitive Intelligence – see what’s working for your counterparts and competition and compare and contrast viewership trends with your own.
- Share the Intelligence – send and share data and charts with colleagues or friends.
Click here to find out more.