Posts Tagged ‘Internet Marketing’
Our Offline Marketing Secrets that benefit our clients and our bottom line!
This Offline Marketing Secrets report is all about how we create targeted content for our clients on a regular basis and also how we charge and optimize this technique for our own business.
This Offline Marketing Secrets report will take you
through the exact system we use to generate a constant
stream of ongoing income from our clients and
get them great listings.
as it increases the customer value exponentially.
We all know that acquiring new clients is the hardest part of this business and yet if you already have some clients this will allow you to leverage their business and provide you with some great ongoing additional income.
so it is proven and tested to work.
Offline Marketing Secrets
As you may have heard Google is changing the playing field by choosing content overSEO.
This means that those who concentrate on content will rise to the top of the search engines in the coming months.
Google’s head of search spam, Matt Cutts, announced as a side note during his panel at SXSW that Google is releasing an algorithm update specifically to target sites over doing their SEO.
Matt Cutts said this is Google’s attempt to “level the playing field” between webmasters that build quality content versus webmasters who are just really aggressive SEOs.
As I said we have been concentrating on content for our clients for years and every time google changes the rules our sites do better than before.
Using this system we have taken clients from a simple blog site to managing their whole Internt Marketing system with their hosting.
This should be the ultimate goal of all offline marketers.
Our system is based around using wordpress and then automating a number of the processes so that our clients get the best listings possible. This Offline Marketing Secrets report will show you how we do this step by step.
We also use this system fort our own products and services and so can you.
Offline Marketing Secrets Report
Page 1 – Introduction
Page 2 – Disclaimer
Page 3 – Contents
Offline Marketing Secrets Foundations and Introduction
Page 4 – Examples of what you can achieve
Page 5 – How it all started
Page 6 – Three ways of Using WordPress and content
Page 6A – Google says good ranking will be based on quality content!
Offline Marketing Secrets How To Set it All Up
Page 7 – Beginning the process setting up the automation
Page 8 – Key Phrases and content
Page 9 – Crafting the Content
Page 10 – Formatting the Post
Page 11 – Tags and Categories
Page 12 – SEO Listing and Call to action
Page 13 – SEO Listing Alternative
Page 14 – Publishing and Bookmarking
Offline Marketing Secrets Pricing and Leveraging your Content
Page 15 – Pricing and income
Page 16 – BONUS Leveraging your content for added profits
Page 17 – Resources
System That Leverages Current and New Customers Like Crazy
and Pays All The Bills!
Discover Our Fast, Effective and Proven Blueprint Of How You Can Build a Mobile Website Consulting Business That Spans The World.
I will show you all the little secrets that no one else will reveal that helped us
sell over 800 mobile sites last year. Its all about lead generation.
In this set of tutorials I will be showing you the blueprint to exactly how I set up my Mobile Website Business and bring in customers from all over the world.
Its not about how to build the mobile sites rather than how to set up the business side.
In his book “Good To Great”, Jim Collins talks about how people have different attributes and about how to create change both personally, financially and corporately.
Basically how to go from good to great.
Over the last 12 months we have taught over 2000 people how to build mobile websites and the question we get asked all the time is how do you sell the sites, find customers, do you use contracts, what are the back-end offers etc.
Well this course will take you through all these aspects.
So what do you get
1. How to get customers – we use a number of different ways to get our customers and really have not seen many other Mobile Marketing businesses doing this. We ujse all the great attributes of the Internet and offline marketing to get a steady flow of customers.
2. Business Models – We use various business models and Mobile Website software to meet all the different needs of our divers customer base. You will find as you get started different seems of gold appearing in the marketplace so you need to be able to meet their various needs.
3. Pricing – Pricing varies on what the customer wants so we do a base site pricing structure then add modules for the different functions we offer. By doing this I can show you how to set your pricing and make it an easy process.
4. Selling Mobile Websites – While our system will show you how to get customers online we also do some face to face selling at shows, meetings and the workplace. We show some simple strategies that have worked for us. Its like selling a can of Coke a Cola for a dollar or adding ice and getting $2.50
5. Backend – Most successful businesses have a backend. You buy a car but they make more money selling spare parts, you have a restaurant but you also provide catering. Quite often you will make more off the backend that you will off the product.
6. Outsourcing – I am a firm believer in knowing how my business works however in transition and growth we use outsourcing to increase our capacity and sometime it works so well that we continue with it.
7. Discussion and forum – at the end of each tutorial is discussion where you add to the material and a forum to chat with other mobile marketers
8. Free SMS – How to set up free SMS campaigns for your customers This will bring in huge refferals and allow you to monetize the system
9. Bonus – I will show you how I set up this site and manage it.
The best thing about th course is that it is quick and to the point with no fluff and bubbles.
Follow our system then tweak it for your own business as no two businesses are the same.
Are you ready to start your own Mobile Marketing Business.
Just $19.99 will get your started
Or you can visit the site here
Setting up an online business can be rewarding and profitable. The IM Clu can help you in your quest and here are just a few different businesses you can start with.
Start for Free
45 Different online Business Ideas
1. Creating Your Own Product: This could be an e-book related to any topic. You can also offer a study course complete with CD’s and DVD’s.
2. Affiliate Marketing: If you are not interested in running your own website you could become an affiliate of almost any product from software to credit cards and sell the product with Google Adwords, Squidoo, Twitter, Ezine Articles, and Hubpages by writing product reviews.
3. Copywriting: In my opinion this is a great skill to have because most internet marketer realize that without a great sales letter a good product will fail in the marketplace.
4. Graphic Design: If you have the ability to create powerful graphics you could start a website that offers design services to other people on the web. As an example you could specialize in logos, e-book covers, album covers, business cards, headers and footers.
5. Survey Sites: What better way to make a steady stream of than to fill out survey forms. Companies today thrive off of quality information related to their products and services and will pay good money for this feedback.
6. Audio Specialist: Whether you have a background in audio engineering or just a love for anything technical, online and offline business owners will pay to set up audio for webinars, seminars, teleseminars and general audio editing.
7. Video Specialists: If you’ve always dreamed of being a movie director or just working in film, this is a great way to focus your talents on a market that has gone video crazy and people are always looking for video specialist whether online or offline.
8. Teleseminars: If you are a great facilitator and speaker you could organize teleseminars for your niche’s top players.
9. Blogging: That’s right! If you like to write blogs on just about any topic why not get paid for it. Owners of some of the world’s most popular blogs are making tons of money from advertising spots on their blog.
10. Service Website: If you have a great idea, offer a service to your niche that they can’t live without like aWeber or Get Response. These companies provide email and auto responder services to businesses.
11. Search Engine Optimization: Most website owners have heard of search engine optimization but have no clue what it is. SEO is the practice of optimizing a website by improving the content quality, graphic images, and inbound/outbound links. If you have this skill people will pay you.
12. Hosting Service: If you have the money to invest in dedicated servers you could offer hosting packages to people who have websites. You can also become an affiliate of hosting companies as well.
13. Voice Overs: While some of us were born with mono-tone voices others were born to sing and speak publicly so why not get paid for it. Many businesses online and offline search for voice-over talent to do their infomercials, commercials and general hosting.
14. JV Broker: If you have built a viable list of business owners that compliment each other then why not put that information to good use help them to do business together. You can receive up to 25% for just structuring the deal as a joint venture broker as well as a percentage of the sales.
15. Consulting: Online and offline businesses are looking for competent people to help them guide their online efforts. If you are knowledgeable in this area why not get paid for it.
16. Information Technology: Businesses all over the world are willing to pay top dollar to people that can help them with their infrastructure and reporting. They also need help during major product launches and hire specialist just to monitor their system from any unforeseen occurrences.
Now that I have explained some of the best ways to make money online we can now get into the meat and potatoes of the book.
17. Forum Moderator: If you love investigative work and like to track down the bad guys then join a forum as a moderator to stop spammers and build a viable community of site members.
18. Get Paid To Post: Webmasters pay anywhere from $0.05 – $0.30 cents for people to post in their forum to kick start it and make it into a popular forum.
19. Document Translation: If you speak multiple languages you can offer translation services for website owners and get paid
20. Tester: If you have the ability to see bugs in a system and fix it then software and gaming companies would love to pay for your services.
21. Become A Link Broker: One of the major ways to increase a websites performance is by linking with other websites. You can become the middleman in connecting webmasters that want links and webmasters that sell links.
22. Software Writer: If you have the ability to write software you could write software and sell it to one or multiple people. Essentially you would be a ghost software writer.
23. Build A Search Engine: Google provides a powerful API tool that allows people to build search engines around niche markets.
24. Ebay: In case you’ve been under a rock for the last decade this is great way to sell junk in your house as well as wholesale products online.
25. Stock Photos: Are you a photographer? Well why not get paid for every photo you take. Sites like iStockPhoto, USASearch and StockExpert will allow you to open an account and sell your photo to thousands of websites.
26. Google Referral Program: Do you like to drive off the beaten path? Well why not get paid for finding new routes to you favorite place. Google will pay you to take pictures of the location of businesses and verify their information.
27. Social Bookmarking: Many people make post in forums like Digital Point for someone to do social bookmarking on sites like Stumble and Digg.
28: Give Away Free Stuff: If you have a website and a list why not give them free stuff. Companies like RevResponse and Hydra Network will pay you to give away free products.
29. Virtual Assistant: If you are good at research companies will pay you to do the work they don’t have time to do. Check out IVAA.org for more information.
30. Answer Tech Questions: If you are a techie by nature then why not get paid for you knowledge. Expertbee.com is a place that allows people to set a price for the answer they are looking for.
31. Application Installer: If you are good with installing application there are tons of people that have no clue how to do it. Start a website that offers a service to install software.
32. About.com Will Pay: Become a guide with About.com in your area of expertise you and get paid from a portion of their ad revenue.
33. Review Software: Get paid to write reviews about the latest software on the market. You can do this by joining called Softwarejudge.com where they pay for the truth.
34. Unused CPU Cycles: If you own a computer why not get paid for it. Join a site CPU Shares where they allow you to get paid for the unused cpu cycles.
35. Start A Domain Registrar: Start your own private label domain registrar site by signing up with TuCows. They will pay you for each initial sale and renewals.
36. eBay Copywriting: If you are good at writing sales letters go to eBay and look for high priced items that lack sells due to a bad description. Contact the seller and let them know you can re-write their description and increase their chances of selling the product of a 1 to 2% per cent fee.
37. eBay Arbitrage: Go to Craigslist and locate the top selling items. Pay close attention to the selling price and then go to eBay and contact a powerseller to see if you can sell their products using local classifieds and Craigslist.
You can also set up a website to capture emails and credit card information for these products and then go to eBay and buy it for less substituting your address for the buyers.
38. PLR Products: Private-Label-Rights content is written information that is offer to a select number of people. By re-writing this material it can be used to create e-books, e-course and audio products if read and recorded properly
39. Buy and Sell Websites: This is often referred to as website flipping. You can by websites that have a considerable amount of traffic and sales. Rewrite the sales letter, redesign the traffic, add expert testimonies and put a for sale sign in the window.
40. CPA Networks: Join as many performance based CPA networks as you can and drive traffic to the offers you have decided to push.
41. Selling Leads: Generate leads from affiliate offers by capturing the information before passing it on to the affiliate and when you have enough leads sell this information to wholesale lead companies that offer no admin fees.
42. Social Media Planning: A lot of companies have websites but that’s where their web presence stops. Contact local businesses in your area and offer social media planning which includes advertising and account set up.
43. Royalty Free Music: If you are a musician or a lover of music why not create a database of music and sell it to production houses that have a need for production music. You can also sell public domain music if you are willing to build a professional looking website.
44. ClickNWork: Get paid $5 – $150 per hour for doing freelance work. This does require you to take a test to be accepted.
45. T-Shirt Design: If you are a graphic artist why not design t-shirts and hats and sell them on CafePress.
Top Five Reasons to Use WordPress for Your Small Business Website
1. SEO – WordPress provides good search engine optimization (SEO) right out of the box. There are a few tweaks you need to make, but there are many seo benefits that WordPress provides for free. In fact Google’s own Matt Cutts says WordPress is “made to do SEO well” in this video: Matt Cutts gives tips to small business owners.
2. Content – it is easy to update content on your website without knowing HTML. Do you hate the idea of having to learn to use a complex HTML editor tool like Dreamweaver? Do you have to “ask” your webmaster every time you want to make a small change to your website? Well no longer – once WordPress is set up for you, you can easily create new pages or edit existing pages using a simple rich text editor.
3. Extensions – There is a thriving ecosystem of developers creating themes and plug-ins – imagine free design themes, or the ability to extend your website with polls, contact forms, ratings or hundreds of other cool features without having to hire a web developer.
4. Support – If you do have problems, or want to add very custom features, it is easy to find support and developers who can help you. There are literally thousands of WordPress developers out there. And there are so many people writing about WordPress that help is only a Google search away!
5. One-click-installation – Quick installs are provided by many hosting providers, including Bluehost, 1and1 and GoDaddy and of course us.
Here is the latest version of WordPress and some of the things you can do.
If you would like us to set up your own WordPress site then email us for a quote.
In the IMclub we spend a lot of time teaching you how to use wordpress and they recently released the new 2.8 version.
The reson we do this is that it is a fantastic system and once you master it you will be able to create sites for your self and others.
We do a lot of offline marketing refurbishing small business websites which we will be helping you do. If you are new to WordPress and looking for reasons to use WordPress as a CMS (content management system) in your new website, let me give you some.
Open Source Software
WordPress is an Open Source software which allows it to be used free of cost. You can use it on any kind of personal or commercial website without have to pay a single dime for it. It is built on PHP/MySQL (which is again Open Source) and licensed under GPL.
You don’t really have to be experienced to use WordPress on your website. Nowadays most of the hosting companies provide the ability to install WordPress on your site at a single click of the mouse. The administration section is easy to navigate and its even easy to add articles/content to your website.
You will never run short of templates when using WordPress. If you don’t like the themes that come with the default installation of WordPress, you can hunt on the Internet and you will find thousands of free themes that you can download and use for your website. There are themes which can even make your website look like a regular site instead of a blog.
Plugins Extend Functionality
WordPress plugins allow you to do just about anything that you want and can be installed in a jiffy. For example, you want to paginate your blog posts, just look on Google and you can easily find the relevant plugin that will easily do the job for you.
WordPress is one software that follows all the Web Standards and keeps your blog or website compliant to all the rules that have to be followed when running a website.
Search Engines have to be definitely kept in mind when building a website. WordPress uses different functions which allow it to be search engine friendly. For example sending pings to other sites, making categories, tagging your posts, use of h1/h2 tags etc.
Large community Support
As per recent statistics, WordPress is used on more than 1% of the websites on the Internet in the world. There is a large user community backing the development of this software. So, whenever you face any problems, you can go through all the available WordPress forums and communities and find answers for all your questions.
Here is a video of the new format and functions.
One of the key businesses doing well at the moment is providing online marketing information for small businesses.
I’m about to reveal an occupation where people just like you are making $500 and more often on their first day out. Better still if you’ve been studying online marketing for 3 months or more you already have all the training you need to get started in what I believe is the best “online job” anywhere today.
First let me tell you what it’s not.
It doesn’t involve multi level marketing, online surveys, data entry, article writing, search engine submission or any other of those crazy internet schemes where you put in hours upon hours of work and the check never arrives.
Also with this occupation you get to work your own hours and you can get paid before you do any real work.
Marketing your business online is critical for success and here are few out of the ordinary ways to get some traffic.
1. Shopping.com Consumer Demand Index
The Shopping.com Consumer Demand Index (CDI) makes it easy for you to put your finger on the pulse of consumer demand. With millions of shopping searches conducted each week, the CDI reveals emerging trends and hidden gems while highlighting the hottest products. Pick some that are relevant to your products and create some content.
Answers, “How To” and Self Help
These are great not only for niche research, but you can also use them for traffic generation. Contribute content, leave a link…and watch the trafficstream in…
4.How Stuff Works
5. So You Wanna?
7. Yahoo Answers
8. Tips and Answers
This is a good gem to look out for. Use it to create custom report and offer to your list to add value. You can also use it as an incentive for opt ins.
9. Find All About -> http://www.findallabout.com/index.php
10. This site is damn good! It is a big resource on “How-To” videos. I have to add that the videos are funny! And entertaining.
Throws up a lot of useful ideas as well.
It’s a must watch! => VideoJug -> http://www.videojug.com
As the economy slows down, businesses are finding they have to cut their marketing budgets and are looking for more cost effective forms to get the message out about their products and services.
Add to this the traditional forms of marketing like TV, radio, print and cold calling are now getting diluted with new technology blocking many of these from ever reaching prospective customers.
People can record TV shows without the adds, they redirect calls to their voice mail to screen at a later time and many people get their news and other information from web services, screen their emails with spam filters and generally are able to screen out most things coming into their lives.
When people buy things they are more likley to go online and look for the information themselves, ask people in their facebook list or look for referals from others.
Enter the new marketing paradigm called Inbound Marketing.
There are three specific ways Inbound Marketing improves on the efficiency of traditional marketing:
(1) It Costs Less – Outbound marketing means spending money – either by buying ads, buying email lists or renting huge booths at trade shows. Inbound Marketing means creating content and talking about it. A blog costs nothing to start. A Twitter account is free, too. Both can draw thousands of customers to your site. The marketing ROI from inbound campaigns is higher.
(2) Better Targeting – Techniques like cold-calling, mass mail and email campaigns are notoriously poorly targeted. You’re reaching out to individuals because of one or two attributes in a database. When you do Inbound Marketing, you only approach people who self-qualify themselves. They demonstrate an interest in your content, so they are likely to be interested in your product.
(3) It’s an Investment, Not an Ongoing Expense – When you buy pay-per-click advertising on search engines, its value is gone as soon as you pay for it. In order to maintain a position at the top of Google’s paid results, you have to keep paying. However, if you invest that money in quality content that ranks in Google’s organic results, you’ll be there until somebody displaces you.
Unfortunately you will not find out much about this new concept from the people who design your website because they are not marketers. They are designers and like in the past many do not communicate with the marketing dept.
The days when a pretty brochure style website would draw customers has come to an end and the business that utilizes Inbound Marketing techniques will dominate the market place.
In our next post we will discuss what these new marketing techniques are. To keep up be sure to use our rss feed or get the post delivered to your email box.
Enter your email address:
Lots of people ask me how did I manage to set up my profitable online business and the answer is always I developed some skills.
In The Internet Marketers Club we concentrate on developing what we call CORE SKILLS.
Hosting and Web Development
Search Engine Optimization
Marketing and Advertising
Graphics and Artwork
Media both video and audio
These are the main core skills however once you know a little about each one you can then choose to specialize in one specific area.
Its sort of like university where you develop the foundation skills then choose the area you want to specialize in.
Its not as Hard as You Think!
Its not about becoming a guru at each of these skills but having enough knowledge about each that you then have a foundation to launch from. Most people can do this in a few months with a little direction.
Developing these core skills opens up a wider range of opportunities.
You are no longer dependant on other peoples programs to develop your income which become hugley diluted because everyone is doing the same thing.
Also because you now know how it all fits together you can wisley outsource various functions as you know what is involved.
Developing your own online business can be one of the most exciting ventures and with a little help and coaching you can develop all sorts of successful ventures.
Why not consider joining the IM club today and develop your core skills.
Welcome to our first issue of the IM Newsletter
by Quentin Brown
As I was driving home today from a meeting I was listening to a science program on the radio.
It was about how three monkeys in a room and how they had also placed a bunch of bananas at the top of a pole in the room. On this pole close to the top was a sprinkler and every time the monkeys climbed up the pole and reached for the bananas the sprinkler would spray them with a cold jet of water.
Over a period of time the monkeys simply gave up trying to get the bananas. They then took one of the monkeys out of the room and introduced a novice who had not been trained. They also turned off the jet so they could now reach the bananas.
When the novice went to climb the pole the other two trained monkeys pulled the novice down. After a while they then took out another of the experienced monkeys and introduced another novice. The same thing happened. Finally they took the only remaining trained monkey out of the room which left three novices.
Can you work out what happened? Not one of these three new monkeys reached the bananas, or even tried, even though none of them had actually experienced the jet of cold water. They just followed along with what the other more experienced monkeys had advised them to do.
In our own personal and business lives we can have the same experience. Many of us may be unwilling to try something because we have been trained by others to fail. This is especially so in Internet marketing.
Become willing to step out and have a go! You never know what is possible. Just like those other monkeys. That jet of cold water had been turned off, so they would not have even got wet. What you want may be a lot easier for you to achieve than it was for others.
This is my life!
Coaching for Success
PS. If you would like any subject covered just drop me a line.
This week we added four new videos and turorials:
1. Setting up your free ecommerce system. (Members Click Here)
2. How to create audio with Audacity (Members Click Here)
3. How to add streming web audio to your site (Members Click Here)
4. How to add streaming video from public sites (Members Click Here)
Videos to come very soon are how to add products to your ecommerce system and how to use RSS to get these messages delivered to your desktop. We have a lot more exciting stuff coming.
This Weeks Thought
“Most people don’t want to do the hard; that’s why it’s so easy to be successful. There’s no competition!
Remember short-term pain will equal long term gain and vice versa. It’s the hard that makes you great.
It’s the willingness to do the hard that separates you from your competition, because most of them are
only willing to do the easy. Unfortunately, in the long run, the easy always turns out to be the hard. “
This Weeks Traffic Idea
The last few months I have been using a system called Free Traffic system and how it works is you write and article and then by using some tags you can make it so it will publish in different version. This is called Article spinning.
You can then post those articles to 30 different blogs. Creates good backlink traffic.
This Weeks Video
This Weeks Featured Article
I was going to do this one myself but Elena who I work with often has done such I good job I felt why reinvent the wheel.
Snatching Defeat From The Jaws of Victory
You may find the lure of an online business seductive indeed.
And why not? After all, it holds the promise of true independence – time and money freedom – from the comfort and sanctuary of your own home. It tantalizes you with the promise of unlimited potential, a limitless market. With immediate results.
All of this is achievable. Except the last. There is nothing immediate about the results you will achieve when you first start an online business.
It’s estimated that well over 98% of internet businesses bite the dust after only a few months. How can you make sure you’re one of the 2% who last through the long haul? It’s quite simple, really. Just hang on.
That’s assuming, of course, that your online business is worth hanging on TO. If all you’re doing is reselling someone else’s products and not contributing anything to the Internet community yourself, get ready to join the 98%. But if you’ve identified your niche, if you’re making an original contribution to that niche and have quality products or services to offer that market, you can make it.
But you have to be prepared to stick it out because no matter how great your site, your product, your service, your ideas, your abilities, it will not happen overnight. THAT’S why 98% of online businesses fail. It’s not because they were also-rans, it’s not because they did nothing but sign up for half a dozen affiliate programs and thought they were in business, it’s not because they were dumb, or slow, or technically challenged or faced too much competition.
It’s because they gave up too soon.
You have to allow for the lag factor. You have to be prepared to not only sow your seeds, but to give the seeds time to germinate, sprout and, finally, grow. Only then can you harvest. In other words, not only must you sow before you can reap, you must wait after sowing before you can reap.
It’s what you do with that waiting time that’s critical to your success.
Think of yourself as a farmer. You wouldn’t just plant a quarter acre of corn and then sit back for the next three months (or however long it takes corn to grow) twiddling your thumbs, obsessively checking for signs of life every five minutes, getting more and more frustrated with every day that passes without being able to harvest.
No. In the meantime, you’d be busy planting strawberries, potatoes, carrots and broadbeans. And you’d be busy *harvesting* the broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts and asparagus that you planted four months before the strawberries, potatoes, carrots and broadbeans. While you weren’t obsessing about how the cauliflower, silverbeet, tomatoes and squash you’d planted three months before THAT were doing. And keeping an eye on your herb garden while you were at it.
Like working a farm, working an online business is a constant exercise in planning, sowing, tending, measuring and reaping. And patience. Lots and lots of patience.
When you “finish” your first website (you’ll understand why the quotes if you have your own site), you think the hard part’s over. You think that it’s simply a matter of uploading your site to your web host’s servers, submitting your site to the search engines, listing it in directories, negotiating reciprocal links with other webmasters, publishing an ezine and generating subscribers, placing paid ads (you’ll figure out what free ads are worth all by yourself), writing articles and doing a hundred and one other things to drive traffic to your site.
And you’re right. It is that simple.
But it all takes time.
You won’t upload your site today and have it indexed by the search engines tomorrow. You’ll send the first issue of your ezine to maybe 10 people. Or fewer. Your first attempt at ad writing will bring you zero sales. It takes you three months for it to actually sink in that you have to run your ad for a minimum of seven times before readers will act. And that it’s seven times to the SAME audience.
And then, when your site is *finally* indexed by the search engines, it doesn’t appear in the first three pages of search results for your keywords. In fact, it doesn’t appear in the first *thirty* pages. So you learn about the importance of high-profitability keywords and you create new web pages just for those keywords. And submit them to the search engines. And then wait until they’re indexed.
And then check again.
In the meantime, four months have passed, you now have over five hundred subscribers to your ezine and you’re starting to see maybe fifty site visitors a day. And not a one of them is buying anything.
You’ve been working hard, long hours in your business but, quite frankly, you consider it a good month if you can (just) cover your web hosting fees with what you’re bringing in.
So you start feeling like it’s just not worth the time and the effort and the sacrifice. You’re spending at least half your waking time on this thing and you’re not getting anywhere.
A few more weeks pass with no results and you start getting seriously dejected. You’re disillusioned and disappointed.
You’re frustrated and generally P.O.’d that everyone else seems to be able to do this but you.
Your day job, which you detest with a passion, starts to feel like not such a bad way to spend 8 hours. Hey, it beats sitting before a computer screen day in day out trying to market to a bunch of ingrates with nothing to show for it.
So you petulantly start watching TV in the evenings after work instead of tending your garden. You completely miss the tender young shoots that suddenly appear in the corn patch. You don’t see that birds are picking off the strawberries and that the carrots and broadbeans need watering. You don’t notice you have a whole field of potatoes that are ready for harvesting or that the soil needs to be turned where the silverbeet was planted six months ago.
Finally, the corn is ready to harvest but half-formed cabbages and asparagus are rotting because you didn’t notice it was time to water and protect them from parasites. Soon the corn will join them.
You don’t see any of it because you’re busy watching TV. If you’d just hung on a little bit longer, you’d be starting to reap a healthy crop from your efforts by now. But you didn’t hang in there. You gave up too soon.
Don’t let this happen to you. Don’t let your business die on the vine. Continue to feed, water and protect it. Even when you don’t feel like it. *Especially* when you don’t feel like it.
Success in this business has as much to do with patience and perseverance as it does about creativity and talent.
Success could be just around the next corner. Just wait and see what’s waiting for you before you flip the switch.
Elena Fawkner is editor of A Home-Based Business Online … practical business ideas, opportunities and solutions for the work-from-home entrepreneur. http://www.ahbbo.com Also, visit Elena’s newest site, Web Work From Home http://www.web-work-from-home.com