Posts Tagged ‘online business’
Our Offline Marketing Secrets that benefit our clients and our bottom line!
This Offline Marketing Secrets report is all about how we create targeted content for our clients on a regular basis and also how we charge and optimize this technique for our own business.
This Offline Marketing Secrets report will take you
through the exact system we use to generate a constant
stream of ongoing income from our clients and
get them great listings.
as it increases the customer value exponentially.
We all know that acquiring new clients is the hardest part of this business and yet if you already have some clients this will allow you to leverage their business and provide you with some great ongoing additional income.
so it is proven and tested to work.
Offline Marketing Secrets
As you may have heard Google is changing the playing field by choosing content overSEO.
This means that those who concentrate on content will rise to the top of the search engines in the coming months.
Google’s head of search spam, Matt Cutts, announced as a side note during his panel at SXSW that Google is releasing an algorithm update specifically to target sites over doing their SEO.
Matt Cutts said this is Google’s attempt to “level the playing field” between webmasters that build quality content versus webmasters who are just really aggressive SEOs.
As I said we have been concentrating on content for our clients for years and every time google changes the rules our sites do better than before.
Using this system we have taken clients from a simple blog site to managing their whole Internt Marketing system with their hosting.
This should be the ultimate goal of all offline marketers.
Our system is based around using wordpress and then automating a number of the processes so that our clients get the best listings possible. This Offline Marketing Secrets report will show you how we do this step by step.
We also use this system fort our own products and services and so can you.
Offline Marketing Secrets Report
Page 1 – Introduction
Page 2 – Disclaimer
Page 3 – Contents
Offline Marketing Secrets Foundations and Introduction
Page 4 – Examples of what you can achieve
Page 5 – How it all started
Page 6 – Three ways of Using WordPress and content
Page 6A – Google says good ranking will be based on quality content!
Offline Marketing Secrets How To Set it All Up
Page 7 – Beginning the process setting up the automation
Page 8 – Key Phrases and content
Page 9 – Crafting the Content
Page 10 – Formatting the Post
Page 11 – Tags and Categories
Page 12 – SEO Listing and Call to action
Page 13 – SEO Listing Alternative
Page 14 – Publishing and Bookmarking
Offline Marketing Secrets Pricing and Leveraging your Content
Page 15 – Pricing and income
Page 16 – BONUS Leveraging your content for added profits
Page 17 – Resources
System That Leverages Current and New Customers Like Crazy
and Pays All The Bills!
Here at The Internet Marketers Club we have helped a lot of people set up there own online business and many businesses improve their sales and bring in new customers.
Choosing your online business!
You can sell pretty well anything online these days from simple digital ebooks, photos, software to houses, cars, DVD’s and much more. You can also sell other peoples products using various affiliate systems.
The key is to pick something you love because in the end this is what its all about. Not to exchange a job you don’t like for another job you hate.
You want an online business that you love. As you develop new skills all sorts of new options become available. Some of these may not even be applicable to what you learned directly or part of your over all goal. The thing is to stay open and be available for all these opportunities for your online business.
Those that fail to plan, plan to fail!
We have coached hundreds of people and over 90% of them have tried to set up their own online business before and failed miserably. The main reason is that they did not plan and stratergize. They jump from one system or program to another but never develop any skills. You can’t become a plumber, mechanic, doctor or pretty well anything without doing some sort of skill based training.
Thats why this course is more about developing your skills than a quick money making scheme. By developing your skills you will build in longevity to your business.
My Online Business Story
12 years ago I was working for an International Aid Organization as an accounts clerk. My boss wanted me to build a website in my downtime so I got to work and did a course and asked lots of questions. In those days it was very expensive and very few people who would teach me or had online businesses.
It was a lot of hit and miss but got it together in the end and the site did very well. Consequently lots of people then asked me to do their sites to however I loved my job so I wrote my first ebook explaining exactly what I did. I sold hundreds of copies and so started my online business.
What I learned also catapulted me into the IT dept and a better salary so what you will learn is not just for online success.
5 years later when the organization changed management I was offered to go back to the accounts dept or take a redundancy package. ASs my business was norw doing quite well I took the package and have not been back to work since.
By the way one of my first clients in my online business (an opportunity) was that very organization as they replaced many of the experienced people with University people thinking this would lift their profile. The problem was the replacments were great at the technical stuff but never learned Internet Marketing at UNI as there were no courses on it.
So where do you start to build an Online Business The key is to fulfill a need. Find something that people want and then develop your product or service from there. It all starts with research which we will look at in the next post. To keep up to date with these posts subscribe to our RSS feed either with your RSS feed reader or by email. Alternatively join our coaching program now and get started. Join The Internet Marketers Club Today This product is supplied by MSIncome
Opening for a small group of select
customers $25.00 USD a Month
Start Your Online Business Today
Setting up an online business can be rewarding and profitable. The IM Clu can help you in your quest and here are just a few different businesses you can start with.
Start for Free
45 Different online Business Ideas
1. Creating Your Own Product: This could be an e-book related to any topic. You can also offer a study course complete with CD’s and DVD’s.
2. Affiliate Marketing: If you are not interested in running your own website you could become an affiliate of almost any product from software to credit cards and sell the product with Google Adwords, Squidoo, Twitter, Ezine Articles, and Hubpages by writing product reviews.
3. Copywriting: In my opinion this is a great skill to have because most internet marketer realize that without a great sales letter a good product will fail in the marketplace.
4. Graphic Design: If you have the ability to create powerful graphics you could start a website that offers design services to other people on the web. As an example you could specialize in logos, e-book covers, album covers, business cards, headers and footers.
5. Survey Sites: What better way to make a steady stream of than to fill out survey forms. Companies today thrive off of quality information related to their products and services and will pay good money for this feedback.
6. Audio Specialist: Whether you have a background in audio engineering or just a love for anything technical, online and offline business owners will pay to set up audio for webinars, seminars, teleseminars and general audio editing.
7. Video Specialists: If you’ve always dreamed of being a movie director or just working in film, this is a great way to focus your talents on a market that has gone video crazy and people are always looking for video specialist whether online or offline.
8. Teleseminars: If you are a great facilitator and speaker you could organize teleseminars for your niche’s top players.
9. Blogging: That’s right! If you like to write blogs on just about any topic why not get paid for it. Owners of some of the world’s most popular blogs are making tons of money from advertising spots on their blog.
10. Service Website: If you have a great idea, offer a service to your niche that they can’t live without like aWeber or Get Response. These companies provide email and auto responder services to businesses.
11. Search Engine Optimization: Most website owners have heard of search engine optimization but have no clue what it is. SEO is the practice of optimizing a website by improving the content quality, graphic images, and inbound/outbound links. If you have this skill people will pay you.
12. Hosting Service: If you have the money to invest in dedicated servers you could offer hosting packages to people who have websites. You can also become an affiliate of hosting companies as well.
13. Voice Overs: While some of us were born with mono-tone voices others were born to sing and speak publicly so why not get paid for it. Many businesses online and offline search for voice-over talent to do their infomercials, commercials and general hosting.
14. JV Broker: If you have built a viable list of business owners that compliment each other then why not put that information to good use help them to do business together. You can receive up to 25% for just structuring the deal as a joint venture broker as well as a percentage of the sales.
15. Consulting: Online and offline businesses are looking for competent people to help them guide their online efforts. If you are knowledgeable in this area why not get paid for it.
16. Information Technology: Businesses all over the world are willing to pay top dollar to people that can help them with their infrastructure and reporting. They also need help during major product launches and hire specialist just to monitor their system from any unforeseen occurrences.
Now that I have explained some of the best ways to make money online we can now get into the meat and potatoes of the book.
17. Forum Moderator: If you love investigative work and like to track down the bad guys then join a forum as a moderator to stop spammers and build a viable community of site members.
18. Get Paid To Post: Webmasters pay anywhere from $0.05 – $0.30 cents for people to post in their forum to kick start it and make it into a popular forum.
19. Document Translation: If you speak multiple languages you can offer translation services for website owners and get paid
20. Tester: If you have the ability to see bugs in a system and fix it then software and gaming companies would love to pay for your services.
21. Become A Link Broker: One of the major ways to increase a websites performance is by linking with other websites. You can become the middleman in connecting webmasters that want links and webmasters that sell links.
22. Software Writer: If you have the ability to write software you could write software and sell it to one or multiple people. Essentially you would be a ghost software writer.
23. Build A Search Engine: Google provides a powerful API tool that allows people to build search engines around niche markets.
24. Ebay: In case you’ve been under a rock for the last decade this is great way to sell junk in your house as well as wholesale products online.
25. Stock Photos: Are you a photographer? Well why not get paid for every photo you take. Sites like iStockPhoto, USASearch and StockExpert will allow you to open an account and sell your photo to thousands of websites.
26. Google Referral Program: Do you like to drive off the beaten path? Well why not get paid for finding new routes to you favorite place. Google will pay you to take pictures of the location of businesses and verify their information.
27. Social Bookmarking: Many people make post in forums like Digital Point for someone to do social bookmarking on sites like Stumble and Digg.
28: Give Away Free Stuff: If you have a website and a list why not give them free stuff. Companies like RevResponse and Hydra Network will pay you to give away free products.
29. Virtual Assistant: If you are good at research companies will pay you to do the work they don’t have time to do. Check out IVAA.org for more information.
30. Answer Tech Questions: If you are a techie by nature then why not get paid for you knowledge. Expertbee.com is a place that allows people to set a price for the answer they are looking for.
31. Application Installer: If you are good with installing application there are tons of people that have no clue how to do it. Start a website that offers a service to install software.
32. About.com Will Pay: Become a guide with About.com in your area of expertise you and get paid from a portion of their ad revenue.
33. Review Software: Get paid to write reviews about the latest software on the market. You can do this by joining called Softwarejudge.com where they pay for the truth.
34. Unused CPU Cycles: If you own a computer why not get paid for it. Join a site CPU Shares where they allow you to get paid for the unused cpu cycles.
35. Start A Domain Registrar: Start your own private label domain registrar site by signing up with TuCows. They will pay you for each initial sale and renewals.
36. eBay Copywriting: If you are good at writing sales letters go to eBay and look for high priced items that lack sells due to a bad description. Contact the seller and let them know you can re-write their description and increase their chances of selling the product of a 1 to 2% per cent fee.
37. eBay Arbitrage: Go to Craigslist and locate the top selling items. Pay close attention to the selling price and then go to eBay and contact a powerseller to see if you can sell their products using local classifieds and Craigslist.
You can also set up a website to capture emails and credit card information for these products and then go to eBay and buy it for less substituting your address for the buyers.
38. PLR Products: Private-Label-Rights content is written information that is offer to a select number of people. By re-writing this material it can be used to create e-books, e-course and audio products if read and recorded properly
39. Buy and Sell Websites: This is often referred to as website flipping. You can by websites that have a considerable amount of traffic and sales. Rewrite the sales letter, redesign the traffic, add expert testimonies and put a for sale sign in the window.
40. CPA Networks: Join as many performance based CPA networks as you can and drive traffic to the offers you have decided to push.
41. Selling Leads: Generate leads from affiliate offers by capturing the information before passing it on to the affiliate and when you have enough leads sell this information to wholesale lead companies that offer no admin fees.
42. Social Media Planning: A lot of companies have websites but that’s where their web presence stops. Contact local businesses in your area and offer social media planning which includes advertising and account set up.
43. Royalty Free Music: If you are a musician or a lover of music why not create a database of music and sell it to production houses that have a need for production music. You can also sell public domain music if you are willing to build a professional looking website.
44. ClickNWork: Get paid $5 – $150 per hour for doing freelance work. This does require you to take a test to be accepted.
45. T-Shirt Design: If you are a graphic artist why not design t-shirts and hats and sell them on CafePress.
Inbound marketing involves getting found by your potential customers through search, content and social media. Inbound marketing is more effective than traditional outbound marketing methods because you aren’t interrupting people to get their attention, with emails, cold calls, commercials, and so on.
With inbound marketing through the Web, you create a useful, informative website and let visitors find and come to you.
A common myth about inbound marketing is that it’s a mysterious, dark art that can only be done by the search marketing elite. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Inbound marketing is something that, with the right system in place, you can do yourself.
Traditionally businesses have relied on broadcast style marketing and advertising to create awareness of their existence and offerings. Television, radio, press, billboards and Yellow Pages have all been the cornerstone of marketing efforts for the last 50 years. And these media have served us well, offering the most efficient means with which to reach a large audience quickly.
Broadcast marketing by its nature is like using a shotgun. You aim it roughly in the right direction (ie. general target demographic), pull the trigger and hope that you hit the right audience. Of course, you’re also paying to hit some unwilling bystanders (non-target demographic) but that’s unavoidable. You then trust that the people you have hit will react to your efforts.
Inbound marketing turns this approach upside down. It involves discovering where potential customers are searching, positioning yourself correctly so they’ll find you and letting them discover whether you have what they are looking for.
Notice the difference? Rather than trying to force yourself onto unsuspecting masses, qualified prospects are ambling up to you.
Broadcast marketing relies on potential customers noticing you when YOU are ready (spending money on advertisements). It also means they won’t notice you if you aren’t active.
Inbound marketing allows potential customers to find you when THEY are ready. Any time, any place. It delivers motivated, qualified consumers to your door (website) 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
Inbound marketing basics:
- Create a search engine friendly website
- Discover what customers are really searching for and how many of them are searching monthly
- Optimize your website to be found in these relevant searches
- Give visitors to your site information that will help in their decision making process
- Capture information about visitors to your site
- Provide methods for visitors to make inquiries or purchases
One of the key businesses doing well at the moment is providing online marketing information for small businesses.
I’m about to reveal an occupation where people just like you are making $500 and more often on their first day out. Better still if you’ve been studying online marketing for 3 months or more you already have all the training you need to get started in what I believe is the best “online job” anywhere today.
First let me tell you what it’s not.
It doesn’t involve multi level marketing, online surveys, data entry, article writing, search engine submission or any other of those crazy internet schemes where you put in hours upon hours of work and the check never arrives.
Also with this occupation you get to work your own hours and you can get paid before you do any real work.
Lots of people ask me how did I manage to set up my profitable online business and the answer is always I developed some skills.
In The Internet Marketers Club we concentrate on developing what we call CORE SKILLS.
Hosting and Web Development
Search Engine Optimization
Marketing and Advertising
Graphics and Artwork
Media both video and audio
These are the main core skills however once you know a little about each one you can then choose to specialize in one specific area.
Its sort of like university where you develop the foundation skills then choose the area you want to specialize in.
Its not as Hard as You Think!
Its not about becoming a guru at each of these skills but having enough knowledge about each that you then have a foundation to launch from. Most people can do this in a few months with a little direction.
Developing these core skills opens up a wider range of opportunities.
You are no longer dependant on other peoples programs to develop your income which become hugley diluted because everyone is doing the same thing.
Also because you now know how it all fits together you can wisley outsource various functions as you know what is involved.
Developing your own online business can be one of the most exciting ventures and with a little help and coaching you can develop all sorts of successful ventures.
Why not consider joining the IM club today and develop your core skills.
Welcome to our first issue of the IM Newsletter
by Quentin Brown
As I was driving home today from a meeting I was listening to a science program on the radio.
It was about how three monkeys in a room and how they had also placed a bunch of bananas at the top of a pole in the room. On this pole close to the top was a sprinkler and every time the monkeys climbed up the pole and reached for the bananas the sprinkler would spray them with a cold jet of water.
Over a period of time the monkeys simply gave up trying to get the bananas. They then took one of the monkeys out of the room and introduced a novice who had not been trained. They also turned off the jet so they could now reach the bananas.
When the novice went to climb the pole the other two trained monkeys pulled the novice down. After a while they then took out another of the experienced monkeys and introduced another novice. The same thing happened. Finally they took the only remaining trained monkey out of the room which left three novices.
Can you work out what happened? Not one of these three new monkeys reached the bananas, or even tried, even though none of them had actually experienced the jet of cold water. They just followed along with what the other more experienced monkeys had advised them to do.
In our own personal and business lives we can have the same experience. Many of us may be unwilling to try something because we have been trained by others to fail. This is especially so in Internet marketing.
Become willing to step out and have a go! You never know what is possible. Just like those other monkeys. That jet of cold water had been turned off, so they would not have even got wet. What you want may be a lot easier for you to achieve than it was for others.
This is my life!
Coaching for Success
PS. If you would like any subject covered just drop me a line.
This week we added four new videos and turorials:
1. Setting up your free ecommerce system. (Members Click Here)
2. How to create audio with Audacity (Members Click Here)
3. How to add streming web audio to your site (Members Click Here)
4. How to add streaming video from public sites (Members Click Here)
Videos to come very soon are how to add products to your ecommerce system and how to use RSS to get these messages delivered to your desktop. We have a lot more exciting stuff coming.
This Weeks Thought
“Most people don’t want to do the hard; that’s why it’s so easy to be successful. There’s no competition!
Remember short-term pain will equal long term gain and vice versa. It’s the hard that makes you great.
It’s the willingness to do the hard that separates you from your competition, because most of them are
only willing to do the easy. Unfortunately, in the long run, the easy always turns out to be the hard. “
This Weeks Traffic Idea
The last few months I have been using a system called Free Traffic system and how it works is you write and article and then by using some tags you can make it so it will publish in different version. This is called Article spinning.
You can then post those articles to 30 different blogs. Creates good backlink traffic.
This Weeks Video
This Weeks Featured Article
I was going to do this one myself but Elena who I work with often has done such I good job I felt why reinvent the wheel.
Snatching Defeat From The Jaws of Victory
You may find the lure of an online business seductive indeed.
And why not? After all, it holds the promise of true independence – time and money freedom – from the comfort and sanctuary of your own home. It tantalizes you with the promise of unlimited potential, a limitless market. With immediate results.
All of this is achievable. Except the last. There is nothing immediate about the results you will achieve when you first start an online business.
It’s estimated that well over 98% of internet businesses bite the dust after only a few months. How can you make sure you’re one of the 2% who last through the long haul? It’s quite simple, really. Just hang on.
That’s assuming, of course, that your online business is worth hanging on TO. If all you’re doing is reselling someone else’s products and not contributing anything to the Internet community yourself, get ready to join the 98%. But if you’ve identified your niche, if you’re making an original contribution to that niche and have quality products or services to offer that market, you can make it.
But you have to be prepared to stick it out because no matter how great your site, your product, your service, your ideas, your abilities, it will not happen overnight. THAT’S why 98% of online businesses fail. It’s not because they were also-rans, it’s not because they did nothing but sign up for half a dozen affiliate programs and thought they were in business, it’s not because they were dumb, or slow, or technically challenged or faced too much competition.
It’s because they gave up too soon.
You have to allow for the lag factor. You have to be prepared to not only sow your seeds, but to give the seeds time to germinate, sprout and, finally, grow. Only then can you harvest. In other words, not only must you sow before you can reap, you must wait after sowing before you can reap.
It’s what you do with that waiting time that’s critical to your success.
Think of yourself as a farmer. You wouldn’t just plant a quarter acre of corn and then sit back for the next three months (or however long it takes corn to grow) twiddling your thumbs, obsessively checking for signs of life every five minutes, getting more and more frustrated with every day that passes without being able to harvest.
No. In the meantime, you’d be busy planting strawberries, potatoes, carrots and broadbeans. And you’d be busy *harvesting* the broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts and asparagus that you planted four months before the strawberries, potatoes, carrots and broadbeans. While you weren’t obsessing about how the cauliflower, silverbeet, tomatoes and squash you’d planted three months before THAT were doing. And keeping an eye on your herb garden while you were at it.
Like working a farm, working an online business is a constant exercise in planning, sowing, tending, measuring and reaping. And patience. Lots and lots of patience.
When you “finish” your first website (you’ll understand why the quotes if you have your own site), you think the hard part’s over. You think that it’s simply a matter of uploading your site to your web host’s servers, submitting your site to the search engines, listing it in directories, negotiating reciprocal links with other webmasters, publishing an ezine and generating subscribers, placing paid ads (you’ll figure out what free ads are worth all by yourself), writing articles and doing a hundred and one other things to drive traffic to your site.
And you’re right. It is that simple.
But it all takes time.
You won’t upload your site today and have it indexed by the search engines tomorrow. You’ll send the first issue of your ezine to maybe 10 people. Or fewer. Your first attempt at ad writing will bring you zero sales. It takes you three months for it to actually sink in that you have to run your ad for a minimum of seven times before readers will act. And that it’s seven times to the SAME audience.
And then, when your site is *finally* indexed by the search engines, it doesn’t appear in the first three pages of search results for your keywords. In fact, it doesn’t appear in the first *thirty* pages. So you learn about the importance of high-profitability keywords and you create new web pages just for those keywords. And submit them to the search engines. And then wait until they’re indexed.
And then check again.
In the meantime, four months have passed, you now have over five hundred subscribers to your ezine and you’re starting to see maybe fifty site visitors a day. And not a one of them is buying anything.
You’ve been working hard, long hours in your business but, quite frankly, you consider it a good month if you can (just) cover your web hosting fees with what you’re bringing in.
So you start feeling like it’s just not worth the time and the effort and the sacrifice. You’re spending at least half your waking time on this thing and you’re not getting anywhere.
A few more weeks pass with no results and you start getting seriously dejected. You’re disillusioned and disappointed.
You’re frustrated and generally P.O.’d that everyone else seems to be able to do this but you.
Your day job, which you detest with a passion, starts to feel like not such a bad way to spend 8 hours. Hey, it beats sitting before a computer screen day in day out trying to market to a bunch of ingrates with nothing to show for it.
So you petulantly start watching TV in the evenings after work instead of tending your garden. You completely miss the tender young shoots that suddenly appear in the corn patch. You don’t see that birds are picking off the strawberries and that the carrots and broadbeans need watering. You don’t notice you have a whole field of potatoes that are ready for harvesting or that the soil needs to be turned where the silverbeet was planted six months ago.
Finally, the corn is ready to harvest but half-formed cabbages and asparagus are rotting because you didn’t notice it was time to water and protect them from parasites. Soon the corn will join them.
You don’t see any of it because you’re busy watching TV. If you’d just hung on a little bit longer, you’d be starting to reap a healthy crop from your efforts by now. But you didn’t hang in there. You gave up too soon.
Don’t let this happen to you. Don’t let your business die on the vine. Continue to feed, water and protect it. Even when you don’t feel like it. *Especially* when you don’t feel like it.
Success in this business has as much to do with patience and perseverance as it does about creativity and talent.
Success could be just around the next corner. Just wait and see what’s waiting for you before you flip the switch.
Elena Fawkner is editor of A Home-Based Business Online … practical business ideas, opportunities and solutions for the work-from-home entrepreneur. http://www.ahbbo.com Also, visit Elena’s newest site, Web Work From Home http://www.web-work-from-home.com
In the 1990s, the nascent internet was commonly referred to as the “information superhighway”, a phrase that was coined by Senator Al Gore in 1978 according to most reports.
The funny thing is, even though it seems to be a very dated phrase to modern ears, it is still essentially true. The vast majority of people still use the internet as a source of information first and foremost, and this in itself should be no surprise.
Although this is open to debate, there is probably not a library or museum where there is more information available than there is on the Internet, and of course, the internet has the vast advantage over every library and museum of being accessible at your fingertips – but there is no doubt that the nature of the internet is changing, and doing so at a pace that almost defies belief.
For example, while some brave and hardy souls had tried to publish video materials on the internet previously, it was really only with the advent of YouTube that video took off, and that was a little more than four years ago as I write (YouTube was launched in February 2005).
Yet video is now such an integral part of the everyday internet experience that it is hard to believe that there was a time BV (before video), a time when the internet was all about providing information only in written format accompanied by static images.
Another huge change that has become increasingly evident over the last 3 or 4 years is the boom in business that is being transacted solely through the medium of the internet. From massive monolithic global corporations like Google to people spending their evenings working away in their back bedroom, there are now millions of companies and Individuals who are operating a business where they make money from the internet.
This is not new. There were companies making money on the internet back in the ‘information superhighway’ days, which helped to fuel the .com boom and subsequent implosion at the end of the 90s.
But what is new and different is the fact that anyone who has an internet connection and a computer can now start their own internet marketing business quickly, easily and with very little capital outlay.
Indeed, it is the latter fact that is one of the primary attractions of starting a business online, particularly in comparison to starting a ‘real world’ business where you would need offices, computers, telephones and staff.
All of this is before you even start talking about investing money in inventory or stock, training costs and the like.
To start your own online business, all you need is a computer and a connection.
Well, actually, that’s not strictly true……
Part 2 a little later
I had some good friends around for dinner the other evening. During the social dinner conversations, one of my friends mentioned the interest on investment accounts on offer with the banks at the moment.
She had $10,000 to invest and was happy with an interest rate of 4.75%. The best “at call” rate she had found after much research with financial institutions. She was after a safe investment during these uncertain times.
The stock market or property investment was not her cup of tea.
Another of my friends responded, “I wish I had the spare $10,000 to invest in the first place!”. He went on to say that how difficult he found it to save any money after paying his bills each week. (Something you hear all the time)
Later that night, I thought about what my friends had said and their financial mindset on money matters.
My friend had put her efforts into ringing around and visiting the many financial institutions in town. She was happy to find that she could get an extra 0.25% on her money!
So instead of getting $450 in interest on her ten grand for the next 12 months, she would now be receiving $475…. Big deal….
An extra $25 for the year!
What a waste of time and energy if you think about it!
Even on a $1,000,000, an extra 0.25% per annum won’t make a huge difference to your lifestyle…. It’s still only $2,500.
My other friend on the other hand would love to have an extra $10,000 to invest. However, his day job does not allow him to save enough to “get ahead”.
But…. He possesses a crucial ingredient that can earn the extra money he desires…. The ingredient is…. His “spare time”.
Without changing or giving up your “day job”, asking for a pay rise, or finding a second part time job….
The average PC literate person can earn a substantial extra income from home just by selling simple information products they create themselves based on what they “already know” and all in their spare time.
Marketing information…. Information people want, in the form of ebooks, ebooklets, special reports, audio tapes, video’s and CD-roms is still the best home based Internet business you can start.
It’s as true today as it was four years ago on the Internet.
Earning an extra $10,000 is not unrealistic for the average part-timer on the Internet today in this business.
People often ask me if it is really possible to earn decent money on the Internet if you only have a few spare hours in a day to devote to your online business. Surely the law of business prohibits you from “gaining a lot for very little”?
Here is the key that many people new to online business MISS….
You might only work 2 spare hours a day on your little Web business BUT your Web business (your website) WORKS FULL TIME 24 hours a day for you!… This is the reason why it does not take much of your time and yet can return far more than an hourly wage for the ACTUAL hours you put in.
Having a well-constructed website that sells for you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year on “autopilot” is like having an “electronic employee or salesman” working for you and presenting your product perfectly every time.
It’s a business that works unmanned… Like a shop that never closes.
You may have heard the cliché… “Make money while you sleep” and thought…. That’s pure BS!
The reason way you can make money while you sleep is “TIME ZONES”. This may seem obvious. But you’d be surprised how many people have not thought of this.
While it’s night in the Southern Hemisphere… It’s daylight up north. And vice-a-versa. The other half of the world are awake and visiting your website while you sleep. Your online business might be small but is on view to the whole global online community for 24 “waking” hours each day.
Nothing is as exciting than waking up in the morning, firing up your PC, logging on and retrieving email notification of credit card orders made during the night!…. 2 years in this business, and it still is a thrilling experience. It’s a great feeling of achievement, knowing that the few hours you spent in the evening before working and marketing your little online enterprise has paid off.
But you know…. It’s not just the money you make, i’ts about establishing something else….A “safety Net” in hard times….
We live in uncertain times… Of war and global economic downturn. Companies are downsizing both large and small. Employees are losing their jobs in the thousands each week….
Could you be next?
How many of your friends or people you know have had the “pink slip” fly their way? Nobody is immune nowadays. Give it some thought.
Learn to look for the danger signs if you work for a large organization. For example if your share price has been falling and remains very low for more than 6 months with little movement. It’s time to re-evaluate your future with the organization.
If you work for a small business, and there are cash flow problems, or no new staff being put on to replace those that have left. These are warning signs that indicate trouble may be ahead for you.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have an additional source of income rolling in should you lose your job tomorrow? Would it help to keep the “wolf from the door”?… A safety net?…
A little online business on the side.
A small insurance policy should the worst happen.
Nobody can retrench you from your own business. A business that can never go broke either…. You can even set up a free website and perform zero cost marketing promotions. Zero overheads. Maximum profits.
That’s how I started and you can do the same.
Even in hard times…. War, Anthrax scares, recession, have not effected my online business. Sales may not have increased, but they have not declined.
You may also think that you need “talent”, writing skills and a certain level of education to succeed in running an online information product business. Not so, the world is full of educated and talented failures. What you do need however is “persistence” and a dogged determination to succeed.
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated failures.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.
My father taught me this at an early age. He was a prized boxing champion in the British armed forces in his younger days. He never lost a fight. He retired undefeated after a long career. Yet he was not the best boxer in the regiments.
However he had the one quality other boxers fear….
He would never give up, even when knocked to the mat time after time, he would bounce right back up again. He had determination and persistence and the will to win so badly, which gradually wore his opponents down, round after round until they eventually tossed in the towel in exhaustion.
That my friend is the key to success in anything you set out to do in your life. Too many people give up too quickly, at the first sign of obstacles.
Success often comes after failure…
After being “knocked down”, when you think you’re beat.
Is running an online business easy?
No it’s not. There are more who fail than succeed. That’s the truth. It’s no different to running a business in the real world. Many online marketers won’t tell you the truth.
(That’s why those who know me online call me the “honest” marketer).
It was reported in Bloomberg News, that only 27% of U.S. small businesses with a website use the Internet to sell their products, and of these they average fewer than three online orders per month.
Your online business will be different. You will be selling your own unique information products. Your own creations. You will not be trying to compete with offline businesses all selling the same brands or the large “dot coms” who have failed miserably for very different reasons.
So if you don’t have spare money to invest, like my friend did, don’t worry, 12 months from now you will have much more than my other friend who has invested her money to earn a measly interest of $475!!
You could have the same $10,000 plus interest from investing your “spare time” instead.
So next time you put your feet up in your spare hours, consider investing some of those hours up online!
Quentin Brown has been helping people build online businesses for nearly 10 years and provides a wealth of knowledge and expertise for those who are technically challenged but want to make use of new technology without spending a fortune. http://theimclub.com
The Internet and online business especially are becoming more and more popular by the day in todays world simply because people are starting to see the true benefits of the web, consumers are starting to trust the web more, and more importantly, the start up costs for a online business are next to nothing compared to the offline world of business start ups.
The only set back most people run into when wanting to start one of their own online business is How and Where to get started.
I did a search under the keyword term “home based business” and the search results returned 575,000,000 results for that keyword alone.
That’s a pretty intimidating number for someone wanting to start their own home based business on the web wouldn’t you say?
These were the same obstacles I was up against when I first ventured into the online world of business.
But I didn’t let that stop me and I hope that won’t stop you either from wanting to start your own online business.
So, I saved you the hassle and put together 3 of the quickest ways for ANYONE(that’s You) to start their own online business with next to no investment required and can get started in less than 24 hours.
Are you ready? I hope so.
Business Model #1. Affiliate Programs.
Affiliate Programs are simply programs set up by the business owner for others to sign up for and promote for the business owner for a agreed upon commission(usually between 10 – 75%).
The great thing about Affiliate marketing is it doesn’t cost you a single penny to get started, you don’t have to worry about refunds or customer service that come with owning your own product.
All you have to worry about is generating the traffic to your affiliate link and collecting your commission cheques.
This is the quickest way to get started online… Period!
Here’s a few Affiliate Directories to give you a start:
Associate Programs – http://www.associateprograms.com
Refer It – http://www.refer-it.com
Business Model #2. Resell Rights.
Resell Rights are simply products that have already been created and are available to anybody who is willing to pay for the Resell Rights to market them.
The upside to this is you get Ready-To-Go websites with PROVEN sales letters that convert. The best part of all is… you get to keep 100% of the $Profits$.
The draw back is you can’t claim those products as your own. The original creator of the product maintains full rights. You just get to keep all the profits.
Not such a bad trade off wouldn’t you say?
Business Model #3. Private Label Resell Rights.
Private Label Resell Rights are simply products that are ready to be branded with your name to it.
What I mean by that is you get full rights to the product or products and are able to claim them as your own even though you didn’t create them yourself.
This is the fastest way for anyone to start a online business who really doesn’t have any experience or knowledge on how to create their own products.
The other really cool thing about Private Label Resell Rights products is they come with Ready-To-Go websites which then again saves you time and money in having to create them yourself.
Well there you have it, 3 Quick Ways To Start Your Own Online Business In Less Than 24 Hours.
The easiest way to locate any of the above via the search engines is by entering something like this into there search engine web form:
affiliate programs + “what your niche is”
(Note: make sure you use the quotations around what niche you want to target. Very Important!)
This will save you time and target your search much better, where as if you were to just enter ‘affiliate programs’ into the search engine web form you would get a gazillion results, leaving you frustrated.
Now, the only thing left for you to do Right NOW is make a decision on what you would really enjoy doing as a business online.
Once you’ve figured that out the only thing left for you to do is put together a… Plan For $Profit$.
Note: Probably the best model is to have your own products as this will give you 100% of the profits.