Posts Tagged ‘Wordpress’
Top Five Reasons to Use WordPress for Your Small Business Website
1. SEO – WordPress provides good search engine optimization (SEO) right out of the box. There are a few tweaks you need to make, but there are many seo benefits that WordPress provides for free. In fact Google’s own Matt Cutts says WordPress is “made to do SEO well” in this video: Matt Cutts gives tips to small business owners.
2. Content – it is easy to update content on your website without knowing HTML. Do you hate the idea of having to learn to use a complex HTML editor tool like Dreamweaver? Do you have to “ask” your webmaster every time you want to make a small change to your website? Well no longer – once WordPress is set up for you, you can easily create new pages or edit existing pages using a simple rich text editor.
3. Extensions – There is a thriving ecosystem of developers creating themes and plug-ins – imagine free design themes, or the ability to extend your website with polls, contact forms, ratings or hundreds of other cool features without having to hire a web developer.
4. Support – If you do have problems, or want to add very custom features, it is easy to find support and developers who can help you. There are literally thousands of WordPress developers out there. And there are so many people writing about WordPress that help is only a Google search away!
5. One-click-installation – Quick installs are provided by many hosting providers, including Bluehost, 1and1 and GoDaddy and of course us.
Here is the latest version of WordPress and some of the things you can do.
If you would like us to set up your own WordPress site then email us for a quote.
Over the last few posts we have discussed a number of ways to develop traffic using various forms of content.
Adding specific posts like this that apply to your business not only brings in traffic but also creates a place where visitors return to see what you are offering.
Writing posts should involve a little bit of research to find out what people are looking for in regards to your business.